My Baseball Wish List
Being a native of Philadelphia and now a resident of the Baltimore/Washington metro area, I have seen my fair share of disappointment when it comes to baseball. With MLB Spring Training getting underway, this is the most optimistic time for a baseball fan. It’s the moment when no matter how bad or underachieving your team was the season before, there’s that brief moment when you think, “Hey, we might actually be good this year.” Having said that, here’s my wish list for the 2012 MLB season:
9. I hope Stephen Strasburg has a good season, yet the Nationals have a typical Nationals type of season.
8. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan Braun win the NL MVP again just to piss off Bud Selig and MLB.
7. I’m PRAYING that Bud Selig will announce his retirement.
6. I hope the Yankees AND Red Sox somehow both miss the playoffs.
5. MUCK THE FETS!!!
4. I hope I get to see Ozzie Guillen go apeshit on the field when the Marlins visit the Phillies.
3. I hope Manny will continue “being Manny.”
2. I’d like the Orioles to still be relevant by the All-Star break, or even the month of June for that matter.
Last but not least, the number one thing on my baseball wish list is…
1. I’d like to attend my second October parade in Philadelphia in five years.