New Year’s Resolutions
I hope everyone had a great New Year’s celebration. 2012 is here and the best thing about New Year’s is that it’s a symbolic starting over point. It’s a new year, a new day, and a fresh start. Getting a fresh start also extends to the world of sports. We can ask ourselves once again, “Is this OUR year?”
What better way to start 2012 off than with a top 9 list. Here are my Top 9 New Years Sports Resolutions:
9. I will take an inside look at semi-pro football and why the players are INSANELY gung-ho about it.
8. I will attend my 1st hockey game.
7. I will finally learn how to swim…STOP LAUGHING!!!
6. If I can manage to get my butt out of bed at 5AM to train, I will run my 1st full marathon.
5. I will stalk a different pro athlete each week on Twitter until they follow me. Then I’ll stalk two per week.
4. I will attempt to write one positive article about soccer.
3. I will stop referring to my wife as “the rotten Cowboys fan I married.”
2. I will give the NBA one more shot to regain my interest.
Last but not least, my number one sports resolution for 2012 is…
1. I will try to watch a woman’s sport that is NOT played in short tennis skirts or lingerie.